Motion in support of a multi-purpose sports centre for Ballina
I give notice that on the next sitting day I will move that this house:
- Calls on the NSW Government to fund the construction of an indoor multi-purpose sports and events centre for Ballina.
- Recognises that Ballina is the only town of its size in NSW that does not have a multi-court indoor sporting facility.
- Recognises the potential for a modern, world-class indoor sports facility in Ballina to support the 2018 Commonwealth Games on the Gold Coast and boost the regional economy.
- Recognises the work of the Ballina Community and in particular the Ballina Basketball Association, Ballina Regional Indoor Sporting Association, Southern Cross School, Basketball NSW, and the Ballina Shire Council in supporting this project.
- Condemns the Nationals for failing to gain funding for this important project, despite it being over five years since the indoor sport and events centre was approved by the Ballina local council.